All Participants are Welcome to Create Art at Constellation! Art enables humans to grow, thrive, learn and love. Art projects thought, feelings, movement and participation. It creates experiences and can help build community.
If you did not apply for an art grant and are bringing art as an individual or as part of a theme camp, first, thank you! Second, we encourage your to register as the benefits include:
- A Constellation Arts Support Team (CATS) liaison who will work with you and Placement/City Planning to predetermine placement and help you with any questions such as burning your art or flame effects
- Access to possible early arrival – Depending on the nature and size of your art, you & your build team may be issued early arrival passes by your Constellation Art Team Support (CATS) liaison. This pass will allow you to arrive before the gates officially open on Thursday at 12pm. NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO ARRIVE EARLY WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL AND EARLY ARRIVAL PASSES.
- Access to at least one reserve ticket for lead artist
- Opportunity to talk with your liaison about placement with access to resources such as power if possible
- Opportunity to be listed in the What Where When guide to tell everyone all about it!
If you are planning to bring art and did not apply for an art grant, please submit your Art Placement request by September 7th.
We’re proud to not only administer and offer art grants but to to help all artists fulfill their creative visions and contribute to creating community building experiences. We support and promote radically-expressive, community-based, interactive and/or collaborative projects that help shape the creative core of the event.
ONCE YOU ARRIVE AT CONSTELLATION WITH YOUR ART
If you have a pre-registered art installation or are looking to register an art installation at the event, please stop by Constellation HQ and talk to CATS.
A CATS volunteer will be in HQ from 9-5 daily to help get you placed in the right place, find a great place to display your work if you have a walk-in art piece or help get answers to questions regarding art, burning art, flame effects, or if you need your piece inspected for flames once installed, etc. If you have a question outside of these hours, stop by HQ and someone will radio a CATS member to assist you.
If you applied for an art grant (whether selected for funds or not), your Constellation Arts Support Team (CATS) liaison will work with you and the Placement/City Planning team to get your art placed. You do NOT have to fill out a separate art placement application. For more information on Art Grants and to apply, click HERE.