Registration for Lightning Round tickets + car passes is closed! The Lightning Round lottery is currently underway.
Ticket Aid applications for Constellation 2022 are closed!
Ticket sales are going to work a little differently this year. The ticketing system that has been used by PDF and Constellation over the last many years was desperately in need of an upgrade, so the wonderful mind behind our IT department (shoutout to m4 for all your hard work!!) has built us a brand new, less glitchy, ticketing system!
We are moving away from what we refer to as a queue-based system (where everyone logs on at the same time to line up for tickets and car passes) to a notification-based system (where everyone registers and the system administers a lottery to offer up tickets and car passes for purchase). This is kind of like registering for Burning Man tickets, but you won’t need to be on your computer at a specific time to make your purchase.
So how will the registration sale work? The general steps are as follows:
- Everyone who wishes to purchase a ticket and/or car pass needs to register during the period(s) listed below.
- Before the sale, each registration will be assigned a random number and placed in order.
- Ticket and car pass notifications will go out in batches. When notified, you will be given 72 hours to complete your purchase.
- Any unsold tickets and car passes from the first batch will be available in the second batch, and notifications will be sent out accordingly. This process will continue until all tickets and car passes are sold out, at which time we will notify anyone who registered.
Tickets will be sold in three rounds and basic info is below:
- Main Sale in August consisting of 500 tickets and 300 car passes;
- Reserve Tickets for event leadership (1 ticket + 1 car pass) and art grant recipients (2 each + 1 car pass for each grant/Effigy); and
- Lighting Round sale in September consisting of up to an additional 250 tickets and 150 car passes, depending on the number of Reserve Tickets needed and other factors.
- A maximum of 850 tickets and 550 car passes will be available. We may lower that number as we approach September if conditions look super-muddy or based on public health measures at the time.
- Tickets for minors (13-17 years old) will be available for purchase in September. These tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, and there is no limit on the number of minor tickets available. Children 12 years old or younger do not need a ticket. More information on minor tickets can be found here: Burning With Minors
- Tickets will be sold for $90/each; car passes will be sold for $20/each. There will be no difference in prices of tickets or car passes between the Main Sale and Lightning Round sale.
- There is a limit of 2 tickets + 1 car pass per registration/purchase. More information on car passes, instituted in 2019, can be found on our website here: Car Passes.
- Ticket Aid applications will also be available during the Main Sale registration. Ticket Aid is available at either 25% or 50% reduction. All Ticket Aid applications are kept completely confidential. More information can be found on our website here: Ticket Aid Policy
Any questions or issues related to ticketing can be directed to email@example.com.
The important dates are as follows:
- Monday, August 1, 2022 at 12pm EST: registration for Main Sale tickets and car passes opens at 12pm (noon) EST. Ticket Aid applications also open.
- Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 11:59pm EST: Main Sale ticket and car pass registration and low income ticket applications close at 11:59pm (midnight) EST.
- Sunday, August 14, 2022: recipients of Ticket Aid will be notified. Approval for a low-income ticket does not guarantee you will get to purchase a ticket and is separate from Main Sale registration.
- Monday, August 15, 2022: notifications begin to go out for ticket and car-pass sales. We will notify everyone who registers for the Main Sale when tickets and car passes are sold out.
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022 at 12pm EST: registration for Lightning Round tickets and car passes opens at 12pm (noon) EST. Registration will NOT carry over from the Main Sale, so anyone who wants to purchase a ticket and/or car pass in the Lightning Round will need to register. No additional Ticket Aid applications will be available.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 11:59 EST: Lightning Round ticket and car pass registration closes at 11:59pm EST (midnight).
- Thursday, September 15, 2022: notifications begin to go out for ticket and car-pass sales. We will notify everyone who registers for the Lightning Round when tickets and car passes are sold out.
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 12pm EST: tickets for minors will be available for purchase beginning at 12pm (noon) EST. There is no cap on the number of minor tickets (aged 13-17) available. Ice will also be available for sale at this time. Registration will not be required for minor tickets or ice.
- Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 11:59pm EST: online sale of minor tickets (aged 13-17) and ice will close at 11:59pm (midnight) EST. No additional minor tickets will be sold. Ice may be available for purchase on site, more information will follow
Reserve tickets and car passes will be allocated on an as-assigned basis. More information will be provided for art grant reserve tickets, when awarded.